- This website (“The Website”) is operated by Seventh Row, a Canadian not-for-profit corporation, company address 89 Queens Quay West Unit 81119, Toronto, ON M5J 2V3 Canada (“Seventh Row”).
- By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted our Terms & Conditions in full, regardless of whether or not you choose to subscribe or register as a member on the Website.
- These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, without reference to its conflict of laws principles.
- You agree that in the event of a dispute arising out of these Terms and Conditions, the laws of the Province of Ontario will apply. Any cause of action that you may have must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises, except where prohibited by applicable law.
- Seventh Row may revise these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting an update on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions were last updated in January 2018.
- Whilst Seventh Row endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, it shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reasonable cause.
- You acknowledge that whilst Seventh Row endeavours to ensure that information on the Website and any related material provided to you by Seventh Row, whether by email or otherwise (“Seventh Row Materials”) is accurate and complete, it is provided only for general information, is not intended to address your particular requirements and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by Seventh Row.
- Seventh Row will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website and the Seventh Row Materials do not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all such materials and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code.
Use of Website Content
- All intellectual property rights in the Seventh Row Materials are reserved by Seventh Row or its licensors or users (as applicable).
- You agree that in using the Seventh Row Materials you shall (except where otherwise agreed in writing with Seventh Row):
- Use them only in accordance with the following permitted uses:
- Viewing them on a computer screen and printing not more than one copy of them (and not further copying them).
- Where and to the extent (only) that permission to download and store them is specifically granted in the relevant Seventh Row Materials (if at all).
- Downloading and storing the content on the hard drive of your computer or portable media but not making any further transfer or copy of it and making only such other use (if any) of them as may be specifically authorised in the Seventh Row Materials.
For the avoidance of doubt, you agree not to distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the The Seventh Row Materials (including as part of any database, library, news, information, archive, website or similar service) other than as set out above.
Not create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes any Seventh Row Materials.
Not disseminate advertisements on the Website or use the Seventh Row materials for any other commercial purposes (which would include using them to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).
Not transmit or re-circulate any Seventh Row Materials to any third party (unless specifically authorised to do so by Seventh Row).
Not remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from the Seventh Row Materials.
Not disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
Not disseminate any material which is or may infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party or be unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience or may restrict or inhibit the use of the Website by any person or which constitutes or encourages conduct that may be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability in any country in the world.
Not disseminate any material which does or may bring The Seventh Row into dispute or in any way damage their reputation.
Not disseminate any material that may interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data.
Not post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions.
Additional terms may apply to:
- Any purchases you make through the Website.
- Registration to the Website and/or any other email alert or other related services.
- Any promotion or competition appearing on the Website.
Use of Additional Content
Copyright in any newsletters, zines or material that is made available for download from the Website and/or the Seventh Row Materials belongs to Seventh Row. Your use of these materials is governed by the same terms as outlined above for material appearing on The Website.
User Generated Content
- Any pages of the Website where you may be capable of posting content are provided for your private, non-commercial exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the Website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. By submitting any content to the Website, you grant Seventh Row the right to use such content and all material embodied therein for any purposes including, without limitation, to edit, copy, reproduce, translate, disclose, post and/or remove such content from the Website.
- Seventh Row reserves the right (but not the obligation) at its sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the Website without the need to give any reasons for doing so. However, Seventh Row will not review the materials that you or anyone else makes to the Website and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that Seventh Row is aware of it. If you object to the publication of any material placed on the Website please contact Seventh Row via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
- Seventh Row accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on the Website by users.
Links to and from other websites
- Links on the Website to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. The Seventh Row has not reviewed these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Seventh Row therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found on them, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- You may link to the home page of the Website and articles contained therein but strictly only on the basis that you do not replicate the home page of the Website or any pages contained, and subject to the following conditions:
- You do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website.
- . You do not in any way imply any endorsement by The Seventh Row other than with its written consent or misrepresent your relationship with Seventh Row.
- You do not use any logos or trade marks displayed on the Website without the express written permission of Seventh Row.
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you.
- Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- To access certain parts of the Website and receive certain exclusive content, Seventh Row may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself. Such registration shall be subject to specific terms of registration. When you register you also agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form.
- Contact Seventh Row via email@example.com in the event that you wish to update your Registration Data.
- Where you register on the Website, you will be allocated a user name and password. These account details must be used solely by you; sharing your user name and password with any other person or making it available to multiple users on a network is strictly prohibited. Accordingly, you agree to:
- Maintain the security of your user name and password and be fully responsible for all use of the Website made using your user name and password.
- Immediately notify Seventh Row if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your user name and password or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to
- Ensure that you exit from your website account at the end of each session.
Seventh Row cannot and will not be liable for any losses, damages or costs arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
All Seventh Row trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and graphics, logos, designs, page headers and button icons are the intellectual property rights of Seventh Row and neither they nor any confusingly similar versions may be used by you including (but not limited to) as part of any trade marks and/or domain names without the prior written consent of The Seventh Row other than for the purpose of referring to Seventh Row and its associated brands lawfully and in good faith (only).
Suspension of access to the Website and User Indemnities
- If, for any reason, Seventh Row believes that you have not complied with any of these Terms & Conditions it may, at its sole discretion, cancel your access to the user only sections of the Website immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
- You agree to compensate Seventh Row in respect of any claims, losses, expenses and/or liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your use of the Website and/or the Seventh Row Materials (or by a third party using your user name and password) including in particular (but not limited to) any statements, contributions or other content posted on the Website or shared via email or otherwise.
Limitation of The Seventh Row’s Liability
The Seventh Row will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by Seventh Row or its employees or in circumstances where:
- There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by Seventh Row (or its employees).
- Such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach.
- In respect of any increase in the loss or damage resulting from your actions.
Privacy and Cookies Policy
The provision of personal information by you and use of it and cookies by Seventh Row is subject to Seventh Row’s Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Purchases from Seventh Row
As a Canadian Not-for-Profit Corporation, Seventh Row sells digital products in Canadian Dollars and is governed by Canadian law. If you encounter any problems with your purchase or purchase delivery, please contact the Seventh Row shop by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital products available
Seventh Row sells the following digital products:
- Seventh Row Membership, which renews automatically at the end of the subscription term until the customer cancels their membership. Customers can cancel at any time. Customers can also upgrade from a monthly membership to an annual membership at any time; the upgrade will take effect at the end of the current membership term (the current month). The following memberships are available:
- Monthly membership, at a rate of $5.99 to be collected in full at the beginning of each month, which grants access to full member benefits
- Annual membership, at a rate of $34.99 to be collected in full at the beginning of each year, which grants access to full member benefits
- Free Trial membership, which provides access to our full back catalogue for 7 days. The Free Trial Membership does not grant access to member discounts or coupons for free eBook downloads. At the end of the 7-day trial term, the user will become a full member, on a monthly basis, with automatic renewals, and will be charged $5.99 for the first month. The user will then receive full member benefits.
- eBooks available for download from the Seventh Row website in PDF and ePub format. eBooks can be downloaded by each purchaser from the Seventh Row website. There are two types of eBooks: regular eBooks ($4.99 each) and premium eBooks ($6.99). Member eBook coupons are valid for both types of eBooks.
- Gift memberships and Gift eBooks are memberships or eBooks coupons purchased for another person. When purchasing a gift membership, you purchase a coupon for an annual membership, which will be sent to the recipient of your choice. When purchasing a gift regular eBook, a coupon for store credit of $4.99, which is only valid on eBooks, will be sent to the recipient of your choice. If the recipient chooses to purchase a premium eBook, instead, the recipient can pay the difference in price directly ($2). If you purchase “any eBook (regular or premium), the recipient will receive a coupon for 100% off any single eBook of their choice at any price. You must provide the email address of the recipient.
- Donation: Seventh Row accepts one-time donations and recurring monthly donations. You can donate any amount of your choosing, upwards of $3.00CAD. No goods, services, or benefits will be offered in exchange for a donation purchase. You can cancel your recurring monthly donation anytime.
All members (including free trial)
All members get access to our entire back catalogue. That is, all locked members-only content will be unlocked when you log into your account with the login info you received when you purchased a membership.
7-Day Free Trial Membership
During the 7-day free trial period of the 7-Day Free Trial Membership, you have access to all members-only content. At the end of the trial period, we will collect payment for the first month of your monthly membership, and you will gain access to the same member benefits as the monthly membership. Payment will be collected automatically, on a monthly basis thereafter, until such time as you cancel your membership.
All customers with an active monthly membership will receive the following benefits in addition to the benefits outlined for All Memberships above:
- a coupon to download a free eBook (regular or premium) of your choice, at the beginning of every month of your membership (that is, as soon as we collect your payment for that month).
- access to all member discount
We will collect payment at the beginning of your month membership. When we receive your renewal payment, your membership will renew for another month, and you will receive your free eBook for that month.
All customers with an active annual membership will receive the following benefits in addition to the benefits outlined for All Memberships above:
- a coupon to download a free eBook (regular or premium) of your choice, every 30 days. On the first day of your membership, you will receive your first coupon. 30 days later, you will receive your second coupon, etc. You will receive a total of 12 coupons during each one-year term of membership.
- access to all member discounts
- access to purchase all members-only products
We will collect payment at the beginning of your annual membership. When we receive your renewal payment, your membership will renew for another year, and you will receive your first free eBook for that year.
Payment Terms and Timelines for Delivery
Seventh Row uses the Stripe Payment Gateway, which is a third party payment gateway for online payments, which accepts a variety of credit cards from multiple countries. Your purchases are subject to Stripe’s terms and conditions. Seventh Row does not hold your payment information, and will not share you personal information collected when making a purchase with any outside companies, organizations, or individuals.
Note that “immediate” delivery could take up to one hour, as payments are processed and emails are sent. If you still have not received your product after an hour, please contact the shop by email at email@example.com.
- If you pre-order a product, you can choose to be charged either immediately or as soon as the product becomes available. To guarantee your pre-order, you must provide valid payment information at checkout.
- For all other products, payment is collected up front and the product will be delivered immediately:
- eBooks: All eBooks that are not pre-orders will be immediately available for download.
- Memberships: As soon as payment is successfully collected, you will have access to all of your member benefits. This means you will immediately have access to all member discounts, members-only products, and all members-only content on the website (which includes our entire back catalogue). You will also receive an email with a coupon to download a free eBook of your choice, which is valid for both premium and regular eBooks.
- Gifts: Gift coupons will be delivered to the recipient of your choice immediately after purchase.
- All gift coupons and member eBook download coupons are valid for one year from the date of issuance unless otherwise noted.
If you have not received your product in a timely manner (as outlined above), please contact the Seventh Row shop and we will fix the problem. If we are unable to fix the problem, we will refund your purchase.
Returns and Refunds
We do not issue refunds for digital products once the order is confirmed and the product is sent (or the membership benefits become active).
We recommend contacting us for assistance if you experience any issues receiving or downloading our products or accessing our members-only content or products.
You cannot cancel your order for eBooks or Gifts.
You can cancel your membership at any time. When you cancel your membership, your membership will remain active until the end of the period for which you have already paid for the membership. That is:
- Annual Memberships will remain active until one year after the membership was originally purchased or renewed. No payment will be taken at the end of this term, and your member benefits will lapse at this time.
- Monthly Memberships will remain active until the end of the current membership month (e.g., if the membership was last renewed on Jan. 6, the membership will remain active until Feb. 6). No payment will be taken at the end of this term, and your member benefits will lapse at this time.
- Free Trial Memberships will remain in trial mode for the first 7 days after purchase (of $0). If the membership is canceled within this 7-day window, no payment will be taken, and you will not be charged. After the first 7 days, the free trial membership becomes a monthly membership, and follows the monthly membership cancellation policy.
If you have any questions about our Returns and Refunds Policy, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entrants to a Promotion must be at least 16 years of age at the date of entry and comply with any further age and/or other eligibility requirements set out in the Rules (e.g. in relation to residency and (where the prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom or Canada and/or car hire) holding a valid passport, visa and/or driver’s licence). Proof of age may be required before a prize-winner can claim a prize. The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of Seventh Row. Employees and agents of Seventh Row and its associated companies (including the families of such employees and agents) are not eligible to enter Promotions. Only one entry per person and per household is permitted.
- All entries must be made in accordance with the Rules and must be received by Seventh Row by the closing date. Entries made otherwise shall be invalid. Seventh Row accepts no responsibility or liability for any lost, damaged or incomplete entries and all such entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of despatch shall not be proof of entry.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Additional Rules, all Promotions can be entered by sending an appropriately worded e-mail to the e-mail address specified in the Promotion. Any such e-mail must include your contact details and comply with any instructions set out in the Additional Rules (for example, to identify which Promotion is being entered). Each Promotion must be entered by a separate e-mail. Alternative means of entering a Promotion (if any) will be set out in the Additional Rules and where there are alternative means of entering a Promotion no distinction shall be made between entries between different routes of entry.
- Unless the Additional Rules specify otherwise, entries shall not be returned to entrants.
- Seventh Row reserves the right at its sole discretion to (without prior notice):
- Cancel the Promotion
- Substitute the prize(s) for another prize of equal value.
- Prize-winners will (unless specified otherwise in the Additional Rules) be chosen at random by an independent judge from all qualifying entries. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- Prize-winners will be notified in writing within 6 weeks of the applicable closing date. If a prize-winner fails to respond to claim his/her prize within 14 days of receipt of the notification, The Seventh Row shall be entitled to select an alternative prize-winner. In such circumstances Seventh Row shall use reasonable endeavours to notify the alternative prize-winner within nine weeks of the closing date.
- Prize-winners will receive their prize within 6 weeks of notification unless otherwise specified in the Additional Rules. The terms and conditions of any third party supplier may apply and must be accepted and complied with by a prize-winner to accept the prize.
- Seventh Row will not be liable if a prize does not reach a prize-winner for any reason outside the control of The Seventh Row or if a prize is damaged during delivery.
- By entering a Promotion, the prize-winner(s) agree to take part in any promotional activity requested by Seventh Row and consent to his/her name, county and photograph being published for the purposes of the Promotion and promoting the Website and/or Seventh Row and its businesses.
- Where relevant, all taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc) are, unless otherwise specifically stated, the sole responsibility of the prize-winner.
- Seventh Row hereby excludes (so far as is permitted by law) all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the prize.
In the event that any provision of these Terms & Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.