For Women in Horror Month, Executive Editor Orla Smith speaks to four women horror critics about why they love the genre and their favourite recent horror films.
This episode is a Seventh Row members exclusive, as are all episodes older than six months. Click here to become a member.
We welcome Rue Morgue executive editor Andrea Subissati; PhD Candidate Valeria Villegas Lindvall; and the Spinsters of Horror, Jessica Parant and Kelly Gredner to the podcast
Want to listen to the episode?
Click here to become a Seventh Row member and get access to this episode, as well as all other podcast episodes older than six months.
Read and listen to more from our guests for Women in Horror Month
- Andrea Subissati is the Executive Editor of Rue Morgue magazine and co-host of the Faculty of Horror podcast. She is on Twitter @necromandrea
- Valeria Villegas Lindvall is on Twitter @morenadefuego
- Jessica Parant and Kelly Gredner are the co-founders of Spinsters of Horror and co-host I Spit on Your Podcast. They are on Twitter @HorrorSpinsters
Show notes and recommended reading
- Preview or purchase our ebook Beyond Empowertainment: Feminist Horror and the Struggle for Female Agency, featuring 28 chapters of interviews and essays.
- Jessica and Kelly contributed to our critic’s survey of “what does ‘feminist horror’ mean to you?”
- Read Mary Angela Rowe’s excerpt of her Beyond Empowertainment essay on Julia Ducournau’s Raw
- Read Seventh Row’s 50 favourite films of the decade, which as mentioned on the episode included Rhymes for Young Ghouls, as well as Unsane, Raw, and Personal Shopper
- The theme music this week is Jim William’s Main Title Theme from Raw
- Orla’s interviews with Andrea and Valeria were recorded on location at Final Girls Berlin Film Festival.