We begin our deep dive on Berlinale 2021, discussing the festival overall and the sidebar competitions.
This episodes is a Seventh Row members exclusive, as are all episodes older than six months. Click here to become a member.
This episode features Editor-in-Chief Alex Heeney and Executive Editor Orla Smith
Want to listen to the episode?
Click here to become a Seventh Row member and get access to this episode, as well as all other podcast episodes older than six months.
Berlinale 2021 Films Featured on This Episode
- Beans (Tracey Deer)
- Brother’s Keeper (Ferit Karahan)
- Copilot (Anne Zohra Berrached)
- From the Wild Sea (Robin Petré)
- Miguel’s War (Eliane Raheb)
- Nelly Rapp – Monster Agent (Amanda Adolfsson)
- Night Raiders (Danis Goulet)
- Ninjababy (Yngvild Sve Flikke)
- Nous (Alice Diop)
- The Scary of Sixty-First (Dasha Nekrasova)
- Short Vacation (Kwon Min-pyo & Sea Hansol)
- Stop-Zemlia (Kateryna Gornostai)
- Read Orla’s interview with Miguel’s War director Eliane Raheb
- Read Alex’s interview with Night Raiders director Danis Goulet
- Read Orla’s interview with Ninja Baby director Yngvild Sve Flikke and actress Kristine Thorp
- Read Orla’s review of Nous
- Read Orla’s review of Short Vacation
- Check out the rest of our Berlinale coverage
- Read Alex’s review of Beans from TIFF 2020
- Listen to our podcast episode featuring Eskil Vogt’s Blind
- Listen to our podcast episode featuring Tracey Deer’s Beans
- Watch our lockdown film school session on collaboration, featuring Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers
- Read Elena Lazic’s interview with Anne Zohra Berrached about her 2016 film, 24 Weeks
- Listen to our podcast episode on our newest ebook, In Their Own Words: Fiction Directors
- Pre-order your copy of In Their Own Words: Fiction Directors now at https://theirownwords.ca
- View our World Cinema for young adults resource page,