Seventh Row does TIFF22
Discover the best films premiering at TIFF21
September 8–18 2022
Stay in the know about TIFF and other fall festivals with our newsletter.
About the 2022 Toronto International Film Festival
This year, TIFF22 is back to mostly in-person only screenings, though a handful of acquisition titles will screen digitally across Canada. At Seventh Row, we’ll be covering the festival digitally as we do not believe it is safe to attend in-person screenings in Toronto given the still very high COVID-19 case count (higher than during any previous edition of the festival) in Ontario and the total lack of airborne spread precautions required by Ontario Public Health or implemented by TIFF. We will be scouting for the best under-the-radar films by international and emerging filmmaking.
Our TIFF coverage
If you’d like to take a look at our TIFF coverage over the last decade, you can find all of it here.
This year, stay tuned for lists of:
- The Best Acquisition Titles at TIFF 2022 (here’s the list from 2021, and a look back through the years of films still not picked up as of 2019)
- The Best Short Films at TIFF 2022 (here’s the list from 2021, 2020, 2019, 2016)
- The Best Emerging Actors at TIFF 2022 (here’s the list from 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018)
- The Best Films at TIFF 2022 (here’s the list from 2021, 2020)
- Reviews of films and interviews with fantastic under-the-radar filmmakers/actors whose work deserves your attention (check out all of our past TIFF coverage here dating back 9 years)
The latest from the festival
Here you’ll find our reviews of the best and most buzzed-about films at TIFF22, interviews with emerging filmmakers, and features on the festival. Keep an eye out for our coverage of the best acquisition titles at the festival as these are films without distribution and thus aren’t guaranteed to be available to see later!
The best TIFF 2022 films we’ve already seen
We’ve already seen some of the best films of the 2022 Toronto International Film festival (TIFF21) at earlier festivals this year, including Sundance, Berlinale, and Cannes. Here’s a look at our coverage of the must-see films from these festivals that will screen at TIFF.