We conclude our deep dive on Berlinale 2021, discussing the films in competition, including the award winners Bad Luck Banging or Loony Porn and Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy, and our favourites I’m Your Man and Petite Maman.
This episode is a Seventh Row members exclusive, as are all episodes older than six months. Click here to become a member.
This episode features Editor-in-Chief Alex Heeney and Executive Editor Orla Smith
Want to listen to the episode?
Click here to become a Seventh Row member and get access to this episode, as well as all other podcast episodes older than six months.
Berlinale 2021 Films Featured on This Episode
- Ballad of a White Cow (Behtash Sanaeeha and Maryam Moqadam) 5:46
- Forest – I See You Everywhere (Bence Fliegauf) 6:04
- Drift Away (Xavier Beauvois) 6:51
- Memory Box (Joana Hadjithomas and Khalil Joreige) 7:27
- Bad Luck Banging or Loony Porn (Radu Jude) 8:21
- Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy (Ryusuke Hamaguchi) 20:28
- Mr Bachmann and His Class (Maria Speth) 27:15
- What Do We See When We Look at the Sky? (Alexandre Koberidze) 36:30
- Fabian – Going to the Dogs (Dominik Graf) 41:38
- I’m Your Man (Maria Schrader) 49:17
- Petite Maman (Céline Sciamma) 1:00:10
- Listen to part one of our Berlinale coverage, featuring the films outside of the competition.
- Read Alex’s review of Petite Maman
- Read Alex’s review of I’m Your Man
- Read Orla’s interview with Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy director Ryusuke Hamaguchi
- Read Alex’s review of What Do We See When We Look at the Sky?
- Read Orla’s review of Petite Maman on Filmstage
- Read Orla’s review of What Do We See When We Look at the Sky? on Filmstage
- Listen to our podcast episode on our newest ebook, In Their Own Words: Fiction Directors
- Purchase your copy of In Their Own Words: Fiction Directors now at https://theirownwords.ca
- Purchase your copy of our book on Céline Sciamma, Portraits of resistance