We’re joined by Fiona Underhill and Caitlin Merriman to battle it out: who is the poshest actor in Britain? And what defines ‘posh’ in such a class-conscious country?
This episode features Editor-in-Chief Alex Heeney, Executive Editor Orla Smith, and regular guests Caitlin Merriman and Fiona Underhill.
Want to listen to the episode?
Click here to become a Seventh Row member and get access to this episode, as well as all other podcast episodes older than six months.
On This Episode
- Related episodes (2:20)
- Why are we talking about this? (4:31)
- Class in England and why are so many actors posh? (6:52)
- The posh school system (21:03)
- Candidate 1: Benedict Cumberbatch (30:11)
- Candidate 2: Tom Hiddleston (36:10)
- Candidate 3: Phoebe Waller-Bridge (43:12)
- Candidate 4: Rose Leslie (49:31)
- Honourable mentions (1:02:15)
- Working class actors (1:05:05)
- Conclusion (1:07:18)
- Our ebook Tour of memories: The creative process behind Joanna Hogg’s The Souvenir provides the trademark Seventh Row 360-degree view of Hogg’s filmmaking process on The Souvenir. Read interviews with all of Hogg’s key behind the lens collaborators, several of whom have been working with her since her first film, Unrelated.
- Read Alex’s 2016 essay on Tom Hiddleston and the hollow charm thwarting the promise of a great actor
- Bonus Episode 12: “Josh O’Connor Implying Sleekness and Speed” (Members Only)
- Ep. 71: The Crown Season Four (Members Only)
- Ep. 61: Toxic male privilege in The Riot Club and What Richard Did (Members Only)