On the second of our TIFF 2021 podcasts, we discuss Power of the Dog, Ali & Ava, coming-of-age films, Midnight Madness, and more from this year’s festival.
This episode is a Seventh Row members exclusive, as are all episodes older than six months. Click here to become a member.
This episode features Editor-in-Chief Alex Heeney, Executive Editor Orla Smith, and special guest Angelo Muredda.
Want to listen to the episode?
Click here to become a Seventh Row member and get access to this episode, as well as all other podcast episodes older than six months.
On this episode:
- Horror Symposium (2:08)
- Joachim Trier book (4:35)
- 10th anniversary of Weekend (6:30)
- How was TIFF (7:00)
- Power of the Dog (Jane Campion) (16:16)
- Ali & Ava (Clio Barnard) (29:47)
- The Platform Competition (39:23)
- Drunken Birds (Ivan Grbovic) (44:29)
- Earwig (Lucile Hadzihalilovic) (46:56)
- The Hill Where Lionesses Roar (Luàna Bajrami) (52:41)
- Mothering Sunday (Eve Husson) (54:37)
- True Things (Harry Wootliff) (1:01:24)
- Encounter (Michael Pearce) (1:05:01)
- Wolf (Nathalie Biancheri) (1:05:55)
- Midnight Madness (1:11:19)
- African films (1:19:25)
- Holocaust films (1:21:48)
- Documentaries (1:27:58)
- Ahed’s Knee (Nadav Lapid) (1:30:55)
- Conclusion (1:35:11)
- Register for The Seventh Circle, a symposium on gender, sexuality, and disability in horror cinema.
- Sign up for updates on the first book to ever be published on the films of Norwegian filmmaker Joachim Trier
- Read our list of the best perfomances of TIFF 2021
- Read Angelo’s TIFF at Film Freak Central and Cinema Scope
TIFF 2021 Reviews:
- Read Orla’s review of Ali & Ava
- Read Orla’s review of The Hill Where Lionesses Roar
- Read Alex’s review of The Survivor
- Read Orla’s review of Ahed’s Knee
- Ep. 109: TIFF 2021, part 1
- Ep. 102: Cannes 2021
- Ep. 84: Berlinale 2021, Part 2: The Competition (Members Only)
- Ep. 83: Berlinale 2021, Part 1: The Sidebars (Members Only)
- Ep. 78: Sundance 2021, Part 1 (Members Only)
- Ep. 6: Free Solo (Members Only)